There are thousands if not hundreds of thousands of facebook applications so how do you decide which ones you should use when marketing your business on facebook?
It can be a challenge for sure, especially since many of them are quite annoying and can destroy the professional reputation you are trying to create. For example, Branch Out which was popular for awhile has the appearance of being a networking application for facebook but it really is quite annoying and many people have began blocking it.
Here are some general guidelines for choosing the right facebook applications:
1. Does the application automatically post on the walls of anyone other than your own? If so, I would avoid it.
2. What is the application used for? Along with this, is the application really going to be used in such a way that it will help you grow your business? Too many of these do not do this.
3. How much time will it take you to get the most out of the facebook application? If the answer is more than a few minutes then you want to think twice.
4. Are you sure the application is safe? You want to avoid any applications that are questionable, involve games or what are based around popular events or people.
That said, here are the top facebook applications that everyone should use:
1. The Notes Application- this comes standard with all facebook accounts.
2. Iframes application for pages. You use this one to create a custom welcome tab for anyone who goes to your page but is not yet a fan to see.
3. Questions- Used properly, this facebook application can be great for your business and for marketing research.
4. Youtube- a fan page only application to help you organize and share your best youtube videos.
5. Payvment- an application for setting up a store and shopping cart on your fan page.
6. Poll- Use this to poll your fans
7. Ustream- Broadcast live on your fan page and communicate with your fans live.
What other facebook applications have you used and found helpful?
Connect with me on facebook.
Add me on skype and let’s chat. Annalaurabrown
Are you completely happy with the company you are in? If yes, that’s great. If not, I invite you to watch the free webinar at Building a Business by Reinventing Health care. Afterwords enter in number 87573 for a free sample.