Have you seen the TV show Shark Tank? If not, I highly recommend that you start watching it. You can find past episodes online either via Youtube, Hulu, or on the website for your local ABC channel. There is also a similar show that airs in the UK and Canada called Dragons’ Den. While no serious network marketer should spend a lot of time watching TV this is one must watch show in my opinion and many of the top earning network marketers watch it. Here are some things you can learn about how to be more successful in network marketing by watching Shark Tank.
1. Not everyone will like what you are selling. Yes I know it’s hard to hear but that is the truth. There have been several products pitched on Shark Tank that did not get investments yet they still succeeded anyway and in some cases they had massive success later on.
2. You had better know your conversion numbers and have a tracking system if you want to have long term success. None of the sharks will ever invest in a company or person who doesn’t know their numbers and you should know your numbers.
3. Trying to take your business in too many directions at once is a terrible idea. I’ve seen many entrepreneurs do this and talk about it on Shark Tank and they get sent packing. Have one or two main focuses and stick with them.
4. People buy you before they buy your company and or products. I’ve seen quite a few people walk into the shark tank with a company or product that had some problems but the person or people still got their investments because one or more of the sharks liked the person.
5. Be excited and passionate. Entrepreneurs who have passion and excitement when they walk into the shark tank always perform better than those who do not.
What other lessons have you learned from Shark Tank?