Marketing your online network marketing business online can be profitable and fun if you follow some simple rules. Here are 10 things you must do and 10 things you must not do.
1. Focus on one network marketing business at a time. Trying to market multiple opportunities at the same time is a recipe for disaster.
2. Build relationships first, rather than trying to get money first.
3. Have a long-term perspective and be committed to working your online networking business for at least 3-5 years.
4. Use a combination of online methods. There is no one magic method that will explode your business.
5. Work on growing yourself and your knowledge. The more you learn, the more you will have to offer to others and the more money that will come along with it.
6. Take the time to plan your marketing and then to work your plan.
7. Develop a daily task list of what you will do every day and then do it and refuse to let anything or anyone distract you from doing it.
8. Offer content and value first above anything else. People will be drawn to you.
9. Build a list from day one. This is crucial to your long-term success. Offer value to your list so that people will want to buy from you and to do business with you.
10. Stay focused and avoid internet ADD like the plague. It is tempting to work on multiple projects and to get carried away working on many websites and projects at once. You must avoid this by working on one project at a time.
1. Spam. People hate it and it will cause you to loose more friends and business than you will gain by doing it.
2. Forget to build relationships and focus only on how much money you will earn.
3. Sign up new people into your business and then forget about them. Train them and develop a system for keeping in contact with them.
4. Fill your newsletters and emails with lots of ads and affiliate links. One or two is plenty.
5. Forget who your target market is and try to market to everyone.
6. Try to hard sell or convince people to join you or do business with you.
7. Rely only on email. Telephones exist for a reason. Take the relationship off line whenever possible.
8. Pretend to be someone else. Put your personality and your experiences into your marketing and let people see a portion of you.
9. Forget to follow up. The fortune is in the follow-up is really true and you must do it.
10. Forget to do what you say you will do. Be a reliable person people can count on.